The 2021 MTM Super "DC of Death" Redux! SOLD OUT!!!

Baseball Furies

The 2021 MTM Super "DC of Death" Redux! SOLD OUT!!!

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:19 pm

That's right, boys! If one wasn't enough, The Godfather is back with a brand new edition (with all apologies to the great Vanilla Ice :lol: ). So many wanted in that missed out on the first one, I couldn't stand the thought of not taking more of your donations in another, last ditch effort right before the start of the NFBC live events. So who wants in for another shot at 50 rounds, 750 picks of pure draft and hold gold? Or in this case, a cool $20,000 in cold, hard cash? :mrgreen: And all for just demonstrating your pure draft mastery in picking a winning squad that you just need to manage for the entire season with what you got. It does takes some balls, but let's see who's up for the challenge.

WHEN: Monday, March 15th-Wednesday, March, 17th

PICK CLOCK: 1-HR with the usual complimentary, "gentle" facilitation by yours truly to keep things moving to wrap this thing up over the course
of three triumphant days of gladiatorial drafting

HOW: Anyway you can via computer, phone, or tablet with cell numbers mandatory from all participants for text purposes only.
Adjustments may possibly be made on the sleep clock start and end times to limit the need for auto picks for West and East coast
drafters respectively in the both the early a.m./late p.m. hours and will be decided on amongst the owners once the league is full.

ENTRY FEE: $2500

PRIZES: 1st-$20,000
2nd- $7,500
3rd- $5,000

SNOWFLAKE LEVEL: LOW

COMPETITION LEVEL: BRUTAL

SATISFACTION LEVEL: ETERNAL!

Who wants a piece of this action? The list of competitors is below. Don't let me down!

1. MTM
2. Scott Feschuk
3. Doug Gruber
4. Marc Perlmutter
5. Sam Horton
6. John Lymberis
7. John Fish
8. Tom Warner
9. Matt Modica
10. Todd Cohen
11. Maryann Lonigro
12. Drew Morris
13. Eric Albright
14. Phil Dussault
15. Bob Cramutola
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Re: The 2021 MTM Super "DC of Death" Redux!

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:43 pm

NOW DOWN TO JUST EIGHT SPOTS LEFT! 8-)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:17 pm

NOW JUST SIX SPOTS LEFT WITH THE GREAT KC CHA ENTERING THE FRAY!* 8-)

*Fuck.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:25 pm

NOW DOWN TO JUST FIVE SPOTS LEFT! 8-)

Baseball Furies

Re: The 2021 MTM Super "DC of Death" Redux! SOLD OUT!!!

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:22 am

May have taken about a day or so longer with a Super Bowl to work around, but by the time the game was done, MTM Super DC #2 was 100% SOLD OUT! 8-) You guys rock! And on a side note, just so I'm out in the open about this with everyone, I texted with KC Cha and I'm flipping him an extra 50 bucks to go easy on us. :lol: But the stage is again set with only two repeat gluttons for punishment in addition to me rounding out the field for what will be the second of these back-to-back draft, first time ever draft events. Stay tuned for all the official registration details once Greg and Tom thaw out, as all eyes will be on these two mega events covering the six days leading up to the NFBC live events in NYC and Vegas. :D

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:13 am

Great job, Mike.
I just wanted to say how incredible it is that you could whip up two leagues with so much money on the line in so little time.
It also speaks volumes for the popularity of the Draft Champions leagues.
The Draft Champions have become AAA leagues for big ticket leagues in March, as well as wonderful leagues for those not fortunate to put a lot of money on the line in March.
Hopefully, we get A LOT MORE signups for the NFBC's best, original, and classic game...The Main Event.
New games seem to be added each year, but it is the Main Event that endures.
Now that football is over, hopefully, the Main Event will be flooded with sign ups.

Sorry for getting off track there, Mike. :lol:
Beautiful job and I know those two leagues will only help those signups for the Main Event.
A great thing by you and a great thing for the NFBC.
An Attaboy for you.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:14 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:13 am
Great job, Mike.
I just wanted to say how incredible it is that you could whip up two leagues with so much money on the line in so little time.
It also speaks volumes for the popularity of the Draft Champions leagues.
The Draft Champions have become AAA leagues for big ticket leagues in March, as well as wonderful leagues for those not fortunate to put a lot of money on the line in March.
Hopefully, we get A LOT MORE signups for the NFBC's best, original, and classic game...The Main Event.
New games seem to be added each year, but it is the Main Event that endures.
Now that football is over, hopefully, the Main Event will be flooded with sign ups.

Sorry for getting off track there, Mike. :lol:
Beautiful job and I know those two leagues will only help those signups for the Main Event.
A great thing by you and a great thing for the NFBC.
An Attaboy for you.

Thanks, my friend. I texted this to you personally, but wanted to post here as well. It means a lot to me coming from someone who has dedicated so much of his time and energy into making the NFBC a better and more enjoyable experience and community for us all. You are a true NFBC icon, and I hope this is recognized and appreciated by all. :D

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:15 pm

Darik B wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:54 pm
Signup Link: https://nfc.shgn.com/signup/baseball/2500SALDC
Thanks for setting us up, Darik. Everyone please be sure to register for the correct date and start time as there is only one link to sign up for each of these leagues. We will make sure that everyone is the correct league when all is said and done, but make it easy on us and let's get it right the first time! Once everyone is officially signed up, be sure to set your KDS and I'll give everyone the heads up on when this will run soon afterwards so everyone will have plenty of time to prep their draft strategies. Thanks and The 2021 MTM Super DC of Death kicks off just one month from this Friday with the Redux league starting immediately afterwards on Monday! 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:40 pm

It's official sign-up week in NFBC starting tomorrow, so if you haven't as yet done so, please use the link here https://nfc.shgn.com/signup/baseball/2500SALDC to make sure you are registered for the correct Super DC you are committed to as both of these leagues are connected to the same link. Let's get this done so that we can set a date for KDS draft slot selection to run soon. Thanks boys, and now just a little over four weeks until the inaugural launch of the this second DC Super event, so get ready because it's going to be a BLOOD BATH...even in this relative cream puff of a league! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:18 am

BREAKING NEWS AND AN IMPORTANT REMINDER! I was happily informed today that both MTM Super DC events WILL now be included as part of the overall DC contest whereas originally they were not. No chance in Hell anyone in one of these two drafts pulls off winning the overall contest prize drafting in one of these two events, but if somehow they do manage this feat, the prize should be doubled. :mrgreen:

Additionally, the KDS draft order will be run for each of these two events five (5) days prior to the start of each of them. This means Sunday, March 7th and Wednesday, March 10th respectively, so everyone be sure to set your KDS in advance of these two dates based on what draft you are participating in or both if this is the case. That is all for now. Additional details as we get closer to the draft days. 8-)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:31 am

This only makes sense to include these two $2500 Draft Champions Leagues into the overall competition without taking any prize money away for the overall prizes. We have the same setup for the $1,000 DCs as well, which just means higher percentage of league prizes for these high-dollar DCs. Enjoy and good luck everyone.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:34 pm

THE FIRST ONE IS NOW IN THE BOOKS, AND THIS ONE IS LOCKED AND LOADED FOR A 7:00 P.M. EST START MONDAY, 3/15, APPROPRIATELY, "THE IDES OF MARCH"! Everyone be on it and ready to rock and roll come draft time. We banged out a good a good 13/14 rounds at least the first night of the one that just wrapped up and that one started an hour later than this one, so no reason we can't at least match this pace or surpass it. Have to put a bow on the Redux Draft by Wednesday night so we can all turn our full attention to all the live and online high stakes drafts. So LET'S DO THIS THING! 8-)